- News - Schedules
- Our Parish
- Contact Us
COOL News Archive 2011
Submitted by cooladmin — Wed, 01/04/2012 - 1:37 AM — Last Updated: Wed, 01/04/2012 - 1:40 AM
This web page has an archive of past church COOL News newsletters. (Current newsletters can be found by checking for Calender --> COOL News under the top menu bar.) Please note that in order to view a newslstter, you will need to first download the Adobe Acrobat Reader . You can download the reader for free by clicking on the 'Get Acrobat Reader' button on the right.
Click on the newsletter you want, in order to open it in your browser.
To download the newsletters right click on the one you want and choose "Save". Make sure you save the file in a known location like your "desktop" or "Documents" folder. Then you can open the file as you would any other Adobe PDF document.
No one is so miserable as the poor person who maintains the appearance of wealth.
- Poverty was among synod's major concerns, Philippine cardinal says
- Be ready with God's weaponry; devil is real, pope says
- Official says Catholic cemeteries have 'huge opportunity to evangelize'
- Pope urges prayer, international action to fight Ebola virus
- Pope urges activists to struggle against 'structural causes' of poverty
- Pope: Evolution, Big Bang do not push aside God, who set it in motion
- Salvadoran youths find music provides path to escape cycle of violence
- R U texting in church? Put the phone down!
- 'Bludgeoned' by all sides, family needs church for help, pope says
- Former secretary says St. John Paul II shared his flock's sorrows, joys
- Was the last 'witch' of Boston actually a Catholic martyr?
- Want to bolster families? Return to Gospel concepts of freedom, fidelity
- March of Saints aims to catechize Filipino children about heaven
- Rethinking her death, Brittany Maynard praised for seeing life's value
- How one cardinal proposes to correct ignorance of marriage's nature
- Vatican astronomer yawns at frenzy over Pope's Big Bang words
- Philly archdiocese: RNS blogger 'inventing own reality'
- The devil is no myth – he's real and we must fight him, Pope says
- Displaced Christians in Kurdistan – 'Their tears have run dry'
- Archbishop Aquila: Media missed message of joy at synod
- Vatican official visits Syria to assess humanitarian needs
- Pope's prayer intentions for November 2014
- Cardinal Burke cites widespread fear that Church is 'like a ship without a helm'
- Pope speaks to charismatic Catholics on prayer, unity
- Vatican cardinal hopes for new joint declaration with Lutherans
- Cardinal Baldisseri addresses British lawmakers on synod
- Prelate criticizes expense of modernizing nuclear weapons
- Seminarian tells fellow brain-cancer victim: �our lives are worth living'
- Pope meets with president of European Parliament
- Approximately 50 New York parishes to close, merge
- Survey: 67% of Americans Believe in Heaven, 61% in Hell
- National Guard to Aid Town in Hawaii Facing Threat From Lava
- Eric Frein Captured in Pennsylvania
- Maine Nurse Violates Ebola Quarantine
- Archdiocese of New York to Close About 50 Parishes
- Cardinal Wuerl's Proposal to Correct Ignorance of Marriage's Nature
- Cardinal Baldisseri: Recent Synod Led to "Rediscovery of the Synodal Process"
- Cardinal Tagle: "Coverage of the Synod Was Still Dominated by the West"
- Knights of Columbus Supreme Knight: Want to Bolster Families? Return to Gospel Concepts of Freedom, Fidelity
- Vatican Astronomer Yawns at Frenzy Over Pope's Big Bang Words
- Pope Names Consultors to Congregation for Saints' Causes
- Pope meets with the new Belgian ambassador ... and many children (Video)
- Joe Zambon: Defying the odds to pursue his singing career (Video)
- The Saints and Our Deceased Ones
- The Sistine Chapel: Before and After (Video)
- Statement of the Holy See to the U.N. on Sustainable Development
- 'In Memoriam' Tribute: Recognizes Deaths of Prelates of North America, Asia, Africa, India
- Pope Francis' Prayer Intentions for November
- Rome's Non-Catholic Cemetery: A Green and Flowering Garden Amid the City Traffic
- All Saints and All Souls Day: A Time of Mercy, Forgiveness and Reflection (Part II)
- Bill Clinton Panders to Homosexual Activist Human Rights Campaign in Washington, D.C. We Will Resist Them
- Meeting of Popular Movements concludes: The system puts profits above human beings
- Pope to Old Catholic Bishops of Utrecht: It's about forgiveness and reconciliation
- Pope meets with president of European Parliament, ahead of his visit to Strasburg
- Pope Francis: Christian life is a constant battle against the devil
- New lights in the Sistine Chapel allows visitors to see it like never before
- Campaign launches to reduce mortality rate of mothers
- From Germany to Rome, to strengthen the family unit
- Pope Francis: We can be a cause of scandal but also give witness
- The Pope prays for 43 missing students from Mexico