- News - Schedules
- Our Parish
- Contact Us
COOL News Archive 2011
Submitted by cooladmin — Wed, 01/04/2012 - 1:37 AM — Last Updated: Wed, 01/04/2012 - 1:40 AM
This web page has an archive of past church COOL News newsletters. (Current newsletters can be found by checking for Calender --> COOL News under the top menu bar.) Please note that in order to view a newslstter, you will need to first download the Adobe Acrobat Reader . You can download the reader for free by clicking on the 'Get Acrobat Reader' button on the right.
Click on the newsletter you want, in order to open it in your browser.
To download the newsletters right click on the one you want and choose "Save". Make sure you save the file in a known location like your "desktop" or "Documents" folder. Then you can open the file as you would any other Adobe PDF document.
Wherever riches have increased, the essence of religion has decreased in the same proportion. Therefore I do not see how it is possible in the nature of things for any revival of religion to continue long. For religion must necessarily produce both industry and frugality, and these cannot but produce riches. But as riches increase, so will pride, anger, and love of the world in all its branches.
- Rome official: Retired pope to attend canonizations; spokesman cautious
- The risen Jesus, not money or power, is the source of life, pope says
- Many of today's papal 'traditions' were Blessed John Paul's innovations
- Holy Fathers: Is being pope a shortcut to sainthood?
- Jokes, quips, wisecracks: John XXIII lived with keen sense of humor
- In Holy Land, it's 'I am Christian'; denominations aren't so important
- Shifting opinions on death penalty: Views evolving after years of work
- Easter should last all week, including in your Bible reading, pope says
- Easter proclaims that love gives life, pope says; share it with others
- 'Evil will not have the last word,' pope says during Way of Cross
- Ancient Roman church to host English pre-canonization prayer vigil
- Woman cured by John Paul II bringing suitcase of prayers to Rome
- Easter celebration strengthens Vietnamese migrants in Thailand
- Friends, scholars recount sanctity of 'Good Pope John'
- Knights of Columbus prepares to celebrate papal canonizations
- CHA's Sister Carol Keehan Insists Obamacare Bars Federal Dollars for Abortion: Is She Right?
- Benedict XVI: I knew during his life that John Paul II was a saint
- Postulators reflect on humanity of John Paul II, John XXIII
- Resurrection pours 'fresh hope' on the world, Pope reflects
- Arabic iBreviary a 'gateway' to religious freedom, creator says
- Cardinal McCarrick part of State Dept. peace mission to Central African Republic
- China denies demolition campaign against churches
- AP: �fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes'
- Detroit priest, parish manager charged with embezzling $700K
- Honduran cardinal sees increasing curial opposition to Pope Francis
- Former chancellor of NH diocese, head of treatment center, will serve jail time
- Archbishop Nienstedt, in deposition, says he knew little about sex-abuse complaints
- SSPX leader decries canonizations of Popes John XXIII, John Paul II
- Arizona law allows unannounced health/safety inspection of abortion clinics
- Pope Francis: �Why do you seek the living among the dead?'
- Justice Department Considers Additional Clemency Requests From Inmates
- Many Opting Out of Health Insurance Due to Costs and Risks
- Teen Found Hiding in Airplane's Wheel Well Raises Questions About Airport Security
- Citing "Company Reorganization," GM Seeks Court Protection Against Ignition Lawsuits
- Defense Cuts May Put an End to U-2 Spy Plane
- Far-Reaching Gun Rights Bill Signed by Governor of Georgia
- White House Condemns Reported South Sudan Massacre
- The Vatican's Process to Digitize 40 Million Pages of the Vatican Library Archives
- Anglican-Roman Catholic Dialogue in the United States Releases Document on Differences in Moral Teaching
- Patriarch of Melkite Greek Catholic Church Denounces Attacks on Catholic School, Parish in Syria
- 'St. John Paul II Hospital'
- Canada's Bishops Give Prime Minister an Overview of Global Concerns
- Priest Murdered in Central African Republic
- On Seeking the Living Among the Dead
- The Strength of Diplomacy: John Paul II and his meetings with world leaders (Video)
- John's Paul II's Doctor: I don't know how he survived the shooting (Video)
- Pope Francis criticizes layoffs caused by the economic crisis (Video)
- Presentation of 'One of Us' Initiative
- Pope Tells Faithful of Joy We Can Have When We Abandon Mistaken Ways of Thinking
- UN's Rapporteur on Torture Called to Investigate Cases of Children Born Alive After Late Abortions
- Help Make the Story of the Serial Killer/Abortionist Kermit Gosnell Into a Movie
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights? Obianuju Ekeocha on the Strong Winds of Public Moral Opinion
- Pope Francis on the Resurrection: Why Do You Seek the Living Among the Dead?
- When Blessed John Paul II beatified John XXIII, the pope with prophetic insight
- Their Eyes Were Opened: Walk With Jesus on the Road to Emmaus
- Made for Beauty: Liturgy and Music
- news at 8,30
- John Paul II legacy includes more than 1800 new saints and blesseds
- John XXIII, eight achievements of a revolutionary pontificate
- The city of Rome gets ready to welcome hundreds of thousands of pilgrims