- News - Schedules
- COOL Calendar
- Mass Schedule
- Weekly Bulletin
- COOL News
- COOL News Archive
- Bulletin Archives
- Our Parish
- Contact Us
COOL News Archive 2011
Submitted by cooladmin — Wed, 01/04/2012 - 1:37 AM — Last Updated: Wed, 01/04/2012 - 1:40 AM
This web page has an archive of past church COOL News newsletters. (Current newsletters can be found by checking for Calender --> COOL News under the top menu bar.) Please note that in order to view a newslstter, you will need to first download the Adobe Acrobat Reader . You can download the reader for free by clicking on the 'Get Acrobat Reader' button on the right.
Click on the newsletter you want, in order to open it in your browser.
To download the newsletters right click on the one you want and choose "Save". Make sure you save the file in a known location like your "desktop" or "Documents" folder. Then you can open the file as you would any other Adobe PDF document.
Grant that I may not pray alone with the mouth; help me that I may pray from the depths of my heart.
- Patten: Vatican media must be professional, but reform won't be pillage
- Pope urges engaged couples to take time, be open to God's surprises
- Pope to Franciscans: Stay true to charism, keep people's respect
- Pope, council discuss synod document; bishops hold study day in Rome
- Holy Spirit leads to truth, renews the earth, emboldens, pope says
- Blessed Romero 'another brilliant star' belonging to church of Americas
- Abundance of media connects people far and wide to Romero beatification
- Archbishop Romero was motivated by Gospel, not politics, cardinal says
- Archbishop Romero: Symbol of church leaders' efforts to protect flocks
- Cardinal: Christians, Muslims 'still don't know each other well enough'
- Is 'Charlie Charlie' a harmless game? Exorcist says absolutely not
- 'Mother of Mercy' beatification in Kenya draws tens of thousands
- Love requires work – not just attraction or feelings, Pope tells couples
- Bishop Conley asks for prayers as Nebraska legislators vote on death penalty (Updated)
- Not a burden, but a grace: The indissolubility of marriage
- DC Cardinal: Christ didn't change his words, and neither should the Church
- Understanding the fierce devotion behind the Black Nazarene
- 'Little' friars credit vocation boom to Pope's name
- As synod council meets, 'shadow council' pushes acceptance of gay unions
- Think you're important because you have money? Think again, Pope says
- Research report sees traffic problems as city of Rome's greatest concern for Jubilee Year
- South Sudan: Christian leaders see 'no moral justification' for continued violence
- Chinese 'underground' priest arrested: a bid to stop Marian pilgrimages?
- Pakistan weighs changes to blasphemy laws; archbishop sees progress in government response
- Cardinal Pell says he will testify for Australian sex-abuse commission
- CRS directory removes listing of executive involved in same-sex marriage
- Vatican communications offices must be streamlined, says head of papal commission
- Gallup finds American opinion moving strongly toward acceptance of extra-marital sex
- Former Vatican diplomat, facing abuse charge before Vatican court, unlikely to be extradited
- Dutch government proposes ban on full-face veils
- Carmakers Try to Balance Self-Driving Technology and Driver Control
- Gallup Poll Finds Americans Becoming More Accepting of Extra-Marital Sexual Activity
- U.S. Marine Court-Martialed After Refusal to Remove Bible Quote From Computer
- Rick Santorum to Again Run for Presidency
- Cardinal Parolin, L'Osservatore Romano Call Irish Vote on Same-Sex Marriage a "Defeat"
- Priest Writes Open Letter to Students Warning Them of Danger of Demon Themed "Charlie Charlie Challenge"
- USPS Unveils Flannery O'Connor Postage Stamp
- Vatican Bank Posts Sharp Rise in Profits After Toughening Regulatory Standards
- Ordinary Council of Synod of Bishops Holds Meeting to Prepare for Upcoming Synod on the Family
- Meeting Held Behind Closed Doors in Rome to Discuss Church's Openness to Same-Sex Unions
- Cardinal Wuerl in New Pastoral Letter Reflects on Catholic Identity in Public Square
- Lahore Archbishop Saves Christian Community From Mob by Calling on Muslim Leaders' Aid
- Pope on Engagement: 'There Is No Express Marriage'
- Vatican Secretary of State: Ireland Referendum "A Defeat for Humanity"
- General Audience: On Betrothal
- Pope Offers Condolences for Tornado Victims in Mexico
- Canada’s Pro-Life March Responds to Court’s Assisted Suicide Ruling
- Chinese Catholics Celebrate Pentecost, World Day of Prayer for Church in China
- Archbishop Tomasi to UN: Vatican-Convened Workshop Concluded 'No Further Room for Denial' on Climate Change
- Pope Francis to Franciscans: You are called to be little before God
- Pope in Santa Marta: Vanity and pride steer Christians away from Jesus
- The Pope will receive several Latin American presidents in June
- Let there be light! A scientific and theological conference on the power of light
- Thousands of Southeast Asian migrants stranded at sea
- Pope in Santa Marta: An obsession with wealth leads to selfishness, corruption
- Inside the hospital that serves patients who live on less than a dollar a day
- Pope Francis: Our faith calls us to respect Creation
- Pope in Regina Coeli: The Church does not slam the door in anyone's face
- Check out what the Pope is doing this week!
- Pope to engaged couples at Wednesday Audience: "Prepare for marriage with wisdom, hope and joy"...
- One of the most amazing Catholic "ghosts" ever spotted at GetReligion...
- Priest reacts to Charlie Charlie Challenge: "We are opening our kids to real spiritual warfare".....
- Coming to a post office near you: The Flannery O'Connor postage stamp.....
- How to think like a poet...
- 12 right-on-the-money quotes from Flannery O'Connor...
- On keeping our kids Catholic: The indispensable minimum.....
- The full magnitude of the problem...
- Golden Gate Bridge builders ate special meals to prevent dizziness.....
- Job's Behemoth wasn’t a dinosaur, and it undermines the Church to promote such a preposterous idea.....